How do you end your online course?

I’m curious to know how do you end your course?
Do you have like a goodbye video (like the welcome video in the beginning) where you tell your students you believe in them and what they can accomplish with the knowledge gained with your course? Or do you end it with the last lesson? Thank you!

It’s always good to end with a separate ending video! It helps establish more of a connection with your students.

1 Like

I always recommend a nice wrap up video, if you’ve got multiple courses, it’s also a good way to do a soft pitch for students looking to continue their learning journey!

1 Like

I do a quick wrap up video and let them know how they can become an affiliate for the course should they wish to earn money by recommending others to said course.

1 Like

That’s a fantastic idea!

1 Like

@ananya @Eman @amber thanks for your responses!

@amber I’m thinking about your latter statement. How can my students become an affiliate to my course? How does this work? I think this is also a good way to increase the number of sign-ups to my course! Thank you! :grinning:

I host my courses on Podia, which comes with an affiliate program. I ask them to first fill out a form that includes their favorite thing(s) about the course (so I can then use that as testimonials) and then I set them up as affiliates for whatever commission I’m offering. I then also create a swipe file with easily customized social media copy, emails, etc. so it’s easier on them to promote for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have Closing Ceremonies with posts where people reflect on different takeaways and accomplishments (and each of these we draw a prize for). So on Closing Ceremonies day, we have one of those “prize posts” every few hours culminating in a Zoom get together at night where we share the winners of the different prizes and people get to share what they want about their experience. The prizes aren’t attached to any metric…when they comment on a prize post reflecting on that post’s topic, they also guess a number, so the winners are randomly selected. Doing this has really been meaningful for our course participants and for us! (This is not an evergreen course.)

1 Like

I’ve just been considering this very question for a course I’ve just finished putting together and setting up. I’ve decided to have a closing video which will have a course feedback form next to it.

I have a summary video that reminds them where to stay connected.

My course includes group coaching so I also end with that and an invitation for how they can move forward with me.

1 Like

Also consider pitching your Masterclass/Membership/Next Steps with you!

I end my courses with an invitation for my students to join me online and my Private Student Facebook group as well as some recommendations as to which course in my library would be best for them depending on their goals. I Sometimes pair that with a coupon they can use for the course!

1 Like

Usually some kind of call to action. I try to send them to the next logical step in their journey.

1 Like

We usually do a putting it altogether or troubleshooting video then mention other resources we can provide (products or services) if they need more help, thank them for completing the program and wish them the best.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing ideas! You’re awesome guys! :slightly_smiling_face:

If you’re teaching a skill, I would provide some way for students to assess whether they’ve mastered that skill or not, such as a checklist or rubric for totally self-paced courses, or an option to book a consultation or recorded review of their work.

1 Like