What program do you use to edit your course?

Hi, I am recording some content on Zoom and some content (using a whiteboard to draw some complex medical processes) on my phone. I know that you can edit on Zoom, but my impression is that you can only clip the beginning or the end. Please tell me your views on these. Thank you!

You’re right about only being able to do minimal edits on Zoom. If you’re on a mac, then you can edit in iMovie, that’s probably the easiest way.

If you’re on Windows, then Movie Maker should do the trick!

1 Like

I have used Open Shot a lot. It is Open Source so free to download. Not hard to use. It is hard to export w/ a compressed file so then I turn to a video compressor to do that. It was tricky for me when I was doing my video show last year. If you have the budget, you might look into a premium Windows based video editor.

I would think Movie Maker may work well also.

2 Likes

I use Screencastomatic and love it! It’s very user-friendly and makes editing a breeze.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you for the tools you recommend guys! I’ll give it a try! :heart:

Adobe Premiere Rush…VERY capable, simple to use. And the biggest reason I prefer that program, is how it is able to clean and boost your recorded audio. VERY important aspect. Largely overlooked by beginners. Super simple to achieve in Rush with much better quality output and outcome. !:fire::clapper::sunglasses:

1 Like

I also recommend the easy softwares like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker. They’re simple to use but really get the job done.

1 Like

I agree with @RenFranz19 , I use Adobe Premier Pro. They have fab tutorials and lots of user content on YouTube to help.

1 Like