When is a good time to build a private FB group?

Am totally new to online marketing (I was in a traditional B2B business) but I recognize the need to embrace this now that I am starting my own gig and the clients are largely direct consumers. I haven’t started any social media marketing and only has a website. Am also starting to build my email list. Thanks very much for your kind advice! :pray:t2:

1 Like

Your email list will definitely play a huge part of building your FB group!

I started mine whenever I wanted; and because I was consistent with engagement, I consistently have people join from FB search or suggestions alone.

There are no rules here! But, you might want to wait until you have a healthy email list.

1 Like

I’m going to disagree with some of the advice here (as someone who has failed to build a Facebook group!), it can be a lot of work! Only really start one when you’re ready to dedicate time (or a team member to growing it!)

1 Like

Great question, @Janine I think you should wait until you have your first 250-500 people on your list then invite them to the group all at once. That way the group won’t be empty. From there add a link to the group on your site (if you have one yet) and all you social. And of course your email signatures. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Your email list will definitely play a huge part of building your FB group!

I started mine whenever I wanted; and because I was consistent with engagement, I consistently have people join from FB search or suggestions alone.

1 Like

Thank you all for your tips! There’s a lot of great advice here! :slightly_smiling_face: :heart: